We have assisted over 200 businesses across Western Australia
West Perth Legal provides professional Solicitor’s Certificate services for guarantors of a loan at a fixed fee with fast turnaround.
What is a Guarantor Solicitor’s Certificate?
A Solicitor’s Certificate for a guarantor is a certificate issued by a lawyer to confirm that independent legal advice has been given to the guarantor regarding the risks associated with being a guarantor for a loan. It is a document often required by a lender for someone who is agreeing to guarantee a loan for a borrower.
West Perth Legal can provide Guarantor Solicitor’s Certificate advice for:
- A parent or parents guaranteeing their child’s home loan
- A person guaranteeing the loan of their spouse or other family member
- A director or shareholder providing a personal guarantee for the company’s loan
- An individual trustee or appointor providing a personal guarantee for the loan of a trust or self-managed superannuation fund
It is important for a guarantor to understand the legal implications of guaranteeing a loan for someone or for an entity.
Guarantor Solicitor’s Certificate Scope of Service
Once we receive the loan and guarantee documents from you, we will:
- Review the documents and prepare for our meeting;
- Meet with you in person at our office to provide you with advice on the guarantee and indemnity;
- Witness your signature on the guarantee and indemnity; and
- Provide you with a Solicitor’s Certificate if required
How to Proceed
Please drop off, email or post us the loan and guarantee documents and a lawyer will review the documents to confirm our fixed fee and if we can assist. The bank’s documents must all be provided, and these usually include the loan terms and conditions, the mortgage, the guarantee and indemnity, and the statutory declaration.
If you are happy to proceed with our quote, we will require funds in trust before commencing work. We will then set a time to discuss and/or sign the documents with you. This is usually 24-48 hours after we receive the documents. Same day appointment may be available depending on the availability of a lawyer.
Meeting with the Lawyer
During the guarantor's meeting with our lawyer, please note that:
- Only the guarantor can be present at the meeting
- If the guarantor does not speak fluent English, a professional NAATI certified translator will be required
The Solicitor's Certificate will be issued at the meeting if required and if you are satisfied with the loan and guarantee documents.
Perth Commercial Lawyer
We have helped hundreds of clients with their commercial legal needs.
Contact us for an obligation free quote or speak to our Commercial Lawyer for a confidential and complimentary discussion.