Energy and Resources
Energy and Resources Law
We work closely with our clients in the Energy and Resources sector to provide them with specialist advice. Our team has experience ranging from advising on complex commercial transactions to working directly with clients in-house and on secondments. When working with us, you will benefit from our dedication to protecting your interests as well as our commercial approach.
- Mergers and acquisitions of energy and resource assets, including private acquisitions and disposals, due diligence (including tenement searches) and regulatory approvals (including Foreign Investment Review Board applications).
- Negotiation and documentation of state agreements, farm-in agreements, joint venture agreements, option agreements, royalty agreements, split commodity agreements, compensation agreements and toll treatment agreements.
- All aspects of mine development and oil and gas production, including engineering, procurement and construction contracts and off-take contracts.
- Infrastructure solutions for development projects including pipelines and rail and port arrangements.
- Warden’s court matters, including objections to tenement applications and other disputes.
Aquila Resources Limited – advised on its response to the A$1.4 billion joint takeover bid by Baosteel Resources Australia Pty Ltd and Aurizon Operations Limited.
China Development Bank, Bank of China, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and Agricultural Bank of China - advised on the US$1.2 billion Karara Iron Ore Project financing (winner of the Asian-Counsel's Deals of the Year 2010).
A listed subsidiary of a Chinese state-owned enterprise – advised on its US$10 billion acquisition of upstream oil and gas assets in various jurisdictions globally.
Reignwood International Investment Group – advised on its A$50 million investment Citigold Corporation.
Consolidated Minerals - advised on its A$10 million disposal of its interest in certain mining tenements.
Ascendas – advised on its SG$385 million IPO of Ascendas Hospitality Trust.
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Australian Prime Property Fund Commercial – advised on their combined A$1.5 billion investment in Lend Lease’s Barangaroo development.
China Investment Corporation – advised on its A$545 million investment in a consortium to acquire Connect East toll road.