West Perth Legal provides Distribution Agreement drafting, review and negotiation services at a fixed fee with quick turnaround.
A distribution agreement is a contract between the supplier and a distributor of a product. A distribution agreement can be exclusive or non-exclusive. An exclusive distribution arrangement gives the distributor sole right to distribute the product, which could be confined to a particular area. A non-exclusive distribution arrangement allows other distributors to sell the product alongside the distributor.
A written distribution agreement is important as it sets out terms that helps to protect the brand of the product and foster its commercial success.
A distribution agreement can cover important issues including:
- Whether the distribution right is exclusive or non-exclusive
- Basic rights and obligations of the parties
- Restrictions on the distribution arrangement such as the distribution area and products
- Licensing requirements of the distributor
- Period of the distribution rights
- Ordering, invoicing, payment, and delivery processes
- Sales target and minimum performance standards
- Marketing and promotion requirements
- Dispute resolution processes
- Termination rights
- Non-compete requirements
- Insurance requirement
West Perth Legal Advantage
West Perth Legal provides regular drafting services on a full range of commercial contracts. Our lawyers have assisted many local businesses and individuals with their legal contract needs. We offer fixed fees for many of our services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Perth Commercial Lawyer
We have helped hundreds of clients with their commercial legal needs.
Contact us for an obligation free quote or speak to our Commercial Lawyer for a confidential and complimentary discussion.